We, Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena) would like to inform you about the processing of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG).
“Personal data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (for example address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address or user behaviour).
"Processing” means any process carried out with or without the aid of automated procedures or any such series of processes in connection with personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, sorting, storage, adjustment or alteration, reading, requesting, utilisation, disclosure through transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison or linking, limitation, erasure or destruction.
Purpose of the processing, data categories and legal bases
The provision of the online service (including functions and content)
If you use our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we collect the data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and ensure stability and security (the legal bases are Article 6(1) sentence 1 b) and f) GDPR). That data includes:
- IP address
- date, time and time zone of the request
- the content of the request (specific page)
- the HTTP status code
- language and version of the browser software.
We do not ascribe this data (so-called log files) to particular persons. For security reasons and to identify disruptions that data is stored for a maximum of 30 weeks and then erased. However, if it is necessary to retain that information for evidence purposes (for example in connection with the clarification of instances of misuse or fraud), it will not be erased until the incident in question has been conclusively clarified.
Cookies for web analysis
On the basis of our legitimate interest in the improvement of our online service we use tools that analyse your use of our website (legal basis: Article 6(1) sentence 1 f) GDPR). You can find detailed information in our Cookie Guidelines.
Website forms (contact enquiry, surveys etc.)
Personal data that you provide us with voluntarily (such as given name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number) will be processed for the purpose of processing and handling the contact enquiry or survey (legal basis Article 6(1) sentence 1 b) GDPR).
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, in which we inform you about our current offers. The goods and services purchased are listed in the declaration of consent.
For registration for our newsletter, we use the ‘double opt-in’ method. This means that after you register, we send you an e-mail to the e-mail address given by you, in which we request your confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 48 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted. We additionally store your respective IP addresses used and the points in time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the method is to provide evidence of your registration and if necessary, to be able to investigate possible misuse of personal data.
The only mandatory information for the dispatch of the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of other data, which is marked separately, is voluntary, and is used in order to address you in person. Following your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of dispatching the newsletter. The legal bases are Art. 6, Section 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR, Art. 7 GDPR in conjunction with § 7, Section 1, No. 3 of the German Fair Trade Practices Act (UWG).
You can revoke your consent to the dispatch of the newsletter at any time via the unsubscribe link contained in the newsletter and unsubscribe from the newsletter.
Integration of services and content of third parties
On our website we use links to third-party providers, for example in order to integrate videos or fonts. This occurs on the basis of Article 6(1) sentence 1 f) GDPR.
Links to third-party websites
Our website also contains links to websites of third parties. After you click on the link we no longer have any control over the collection, storage and processing of your personal data (e.g. IP address or the URL of the page containing the link).
Types of processed data
We process the following personal data of contact persons of cooperation partners, clients, project partners, contractors, public bodies and other business contacts (hereinafter referred to jointly as business contacts):
- contact details such as given name and surname, business address/telephone number/fax/e-mail address
- information whose processing is necessary in connection with a project, the initiation of a contract or the implementation of a contractual relationship with dena (including payment data) or which is voluntarily provided by business contacts, for example in connection with enquiries, and
- personal data collected from publicly available sources, information databases or credit bureaus.
Purposes and legal bases of the processing
We process personal data for the purpose of:
- planning, implementing, managing and handling contractual relationships
- communication with business contacts about our events, services and products
- maintaining and protecting the security of our products and services (including our website)
- fulfilling legal requirements (particularly retention requirements under tax regulations and commercial laws)
- implementing existing contracts and asserting, exercising and defending against legal claims, and
- carrying out satisfaction surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses and competitions
Unless explicitly stated otherwise upon the collection of personal data, the processing occurs:
- on the basis of your explicit consent (Article 6(1) sentence 1 point a) GDPR),
- on the basis of your request for information in connection with the initiation of a contract (Article 6(1) sentence 1 point b) GDPR),
- for the purpose of performing and fulfilling contracts (Article 6(1) sentence 1 point b) GDPR),
- for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations (Article 6(1) sentence 1 point c) GDPR) or
for the protection of legitimate interests of dena (business contact management and marketing, Article 6(1) sentence 1 point f) GDPR).
Your personal data will only be disclosed, transmitted or otherwise made accessible to third parties on the basis of statutory permission (for example for the performance of a contract, if you grant your consent, on the basis of our legitimate interests or if we are legally obliged to do so).
If third parties are commissioned to process data on the basis of a contract data processing agreement, pursuant to Article 28 GDPR they may only process that personal data according to our instructions.
Transfer to a third country
Prior to the disclosure of personal data it will be ensured that either an adequate level of data protection exists or that so-called EU standard contractual clauses of the European Union are concluded with the recipients / sufficient consent of the data subject has been given.
If you have granted us consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time with effect for the future. For that purpose it is sufficient to send an e-mail to Widerruf-Einwilligung(at)dena.de. Such withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing that occurred on the basis of the consent before the revocation. Following such revocation we may only process your personal data insofar as a different legal basis exists.
Pursuant to the provisions of law you have the following rights with respect to us with regard to the personal data relating to you:
- Right to information under Article 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification or erasure under Articles 16, 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of the processing under Article 18 GDPR
- Right to object to the processing under Article 21 GDPR
- Right to data portability under Article 20 GDPR
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
Your data will only be stored as long as it is necessary for the provision of our services and our online service and no statutory retention periods are opposed to its erasure.
You can reach our company data protection officer at datenschutz(at)dena.de or at our postal address (“attn. company data protection officer”).